Clinics & Services
- Cervical screening - We recommended that every women between the ages of 25 and 64 has a routine 3 yearly test, unless otherwise indicated. Please ask for an appointment with the nurse when your smear is due.
- Childhood Immunisations - Immunising your child against common disease is a simple procedure. The vaccinations are given in a staged way over the first 5 years of your child's life.
- Long Term Conditions Management - You will be asked to come in for annual review are these conditions; asthma, coronary heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease & diabetes
- Health and Lifestyle Advice - To help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, by offering you advice on a number of different things including; diet, exercise and smoking
- Family planning
- Medical examinations
- Travel Advice and Vaccinations - Click here for more information
- Ear Syringing
- Health Care Assistants provide the following services; Blood tests, Blood pressure monitoring, ear syringing, dressings & NHS Health Checks (Click here for more information)
Other services provided at the practice: IUCD’s (coil), Implanon contraception, Joint injections, Flu vaccination clinic (October & November each year)
The midwife works with the doctors to provide care for mothers before and after delivery and care for the baby for the first fortnight of life.
Please call 0114 232 2340 for an appointment in clinic.
Mental Health Sessions
The doctor may refer you to one of our Primary Care Mental Health Workers who may see you to assess your mental health needs, and what help you may benefit from.
Andrea Bargh - This service is provided on a 1-1 basis with a trained smoking advisor. Referrals are given by your GP, or you can self-refer.
Flu & Pneumococcal Vaccinations
We particularly recommend this for patients over 65 years or those who fall within chronic disease groups.
We will invite you to come to a flu clinic, if you are in any risk groups. The pneumococcal vaccination is offered to all patients over the age of 65. This vaccination is only necessary on one occasion and the cover will last a lifetime. Please note that large numbers of patients have to be vaccinated in a few weeks. We would be grateful for your understanding, if we cannot give you the personal attention that you would normally receive.