Who Should I See?
At the practice there are a number of healthcare professionals you can see. Check the lists below to see who is likely to be able to help you the most.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner:
Assesses and treats most minor illness (see below) in both adults and children over the age of 2. These appointments are available to book on the day.
- Infections - Chest/ throat/ ear/ eye infections, urinary tract infections, child infectious illness
- Skin Problems - Acne/ eczema/ impetigo/ bites and rashes
- Musculoskeletal Problems - Back/ knee/ hip and shoulder pain
- Gastro-Intestinal Problems - Constipation/ diarrhoea and abdominal pain
- Women's Health - Thrush/ bacterial vaginosis and contraception
Treats long term conditions (see below), these appointments are mainly available to book on the day, with a few at the start and end of surgeries to book in advance.
- Sudden changes in long term conditions
- Complex chronic diseases
- Mental health issues
- Conditions potentially requiring referral to hospital
- Chronic disease monitoring (asthma, COPD, Diabetes, CHD)
- Travel vaccinations and advice
- Cervical cytology (smears)
- Family planning
- Dressing and wound care
- Child and baby immunisations
Health Care Assistant:
- Blood tests
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Health Checks