Are You a Carer?
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Taking a break Caring for someone can be a full-time job - find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for the under-65s Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.
- Carer's Assessment How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Other benefits Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone 0808 802 0202
- Helpline Information http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/carerslives/updates/pages/carersdirecthelpline.aspx
- Email CarersDirect@nhschoices.nhs.uk
- Office Hours Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.